Section 1 Information about the collection of personal data
(1) Personal data is all data that relates to you personally, e.g. name, address, email addresses, and user behaviour.
(2) The data controller pursuant to Article 4(7) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is:
Bernard van Lengerich Maschinenfabrik GmbH & Co. KG
D-48488 Emsbüren, Germany
Tel.: +49 5903 951 – 60
Fax: +49 5903 951– 90
You can contact our data protection officer by sending an email to email@example.com or by writing to “The data protection officer” at our postal address.
The data controller's data protection officer is the data protection officer of BvL Oberflächentechnik GmbH
Ms Sabrina Daniel
(3) If you contact us by email or via a contact form, we will store the data you have provided (your email address and, if applicable, your name and phone number) in order to respond to your queries. We will erase the data collected on these forms once storage of the data is no longer necessary, or we will restrict processing if statutory retention periods apply. We do not pass on this data without your consent.
(4) If we use service providers to provide specific features on our website or if we would like to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail about the applicable processes. We will also specify the criteria defined for the retention period.
Section 2 Your rights
(1) You have the following rights regarding the personal data relating to you that we process:
- Right of access
- Right to rectification or erasure
- Right to restriction of processing
- Right to object to processing
- Right to data portability
(2) You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority regarding the processing of your personal data by us.
Section 3 Collection of personal data when visiting our website
(1) If you use the website for information purposes only, i.e. if you do not register on our website or send information to us in any other way, we only collect the personal data that your browser transfers to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data, which we require for technical purposes to display our website and to guarantee the stability and security of our website (legal basis is Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR):
- IP address
- Date and time of request
- Time zone difference from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Access Status/HTTP status code
- Amount of data transferred in each case
- Website from which the request originates
- Operating system and interface
- Language and version of your browser software
(2) Cookies are also stored on your computer when you use our website, in addition to the above data. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard disk for the browser you are using and that provide the website that creates the cookie (in this case, us) with certain information. Cookies cannot run programs or infect your computer with viruses. They are used to make our website generally more user-friendly and effective.
Section 4 Other features and services on our website
(1) In addition to using our website to provide information, we also offer various services that you can use, if interested. To use these services, you must provide further personal data, which we use to provide the applicable service and to which the above data processing principles apply.
(2) In some cases, we use external service providers to process your data. We have carefully selected these service providers, who are required to follow our instructions and are monitored regularly.
(3) We may also disclose your personal data to third parties for promotions, competitions, concluding contracts or similar services that we offer together with partners. We provide further information at the point that you enter your personal data or at the bottom of the description of the service.
(4) If our service providers or partners are located in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you of the consequences of this fact in the description of the service.
Section 5 Objection or withdrawal of consent to the processing of your data
(1) You may withdraw your consent to the processing of your data at any time. Withdrawal of consent only affects the lawfulness of the processing of your personal data from the time that you withdraw your consent.
(2) Where we base the processing of your personal data on legitimate interest, you may object to the processing. This is the case in particular if processing is not necessary to perform a contract with you, which is indicated by us in each case in the subsequent description of the features. When exercising your right to object, we ask you to explain the reasons why we should not process your personal data as we have done. If your objection is justified, we will review the situation and either stop or modify data processing or explain to you our compelling legitimate grounds, on the basis of which we are continuing to process your data.
(3) Of course, you may object to the processing of your personal data for advertising and data analysis purposes at any time. You can notify us of your objection to processing for advertising purposes at any time, using the following contact details: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or to the data controller, whose details can be found in Section 1 para. 2.
Section 6 Using our portal
(1) If you want to use our portal, you must register by entering your email address and creating a password and username of your choice. You do not have to use a real name - you can use a pseudonym. We use the double opt-in process for registration, i.e. your registration is not complete until you have confirmed registration by clicking on the link contained in a confirmation email sent to you for this purpose. If we do not receive your confirmation within [24 hours], your registration is automatically deleted from our database. You must provide the above data; you can provide all other information voluntarily by using our portal.
(2) If you use our portal, we store the data from you that is necessary for performance of the contract, until we permanently delete your access. We also store the data you provide voluntarily for the duration of your use of the portal. The legal basis is Article 6(1)(f) GDPR.
(3) If you use the portal, your data may become accessible to other members on the portal as part of the service. Unregistered members will not receive any information about you. Your username and photo are visible to all registered members, regardless of whether you have shared this data or not. However, your entire profile with the data you have shared is only visible to all members who have confirmed that you are a personal contact. If you make content accessible to your personal contacts that you do not send via a private message, this content can be viewed by third parties, if your personal contact has given them permission to view this information. All registered members of the portal can view your posts in open groups.
(4) To prevent unauthorised access to your personal data by third parties, in particular to your financial data, the connection uses TLS encryption.
Section 7 Use of Google Analytics
(2) The IP address sent by your browser for Google Analytics is not combined with other Google data.
(3) You can prevent cookies from being stored by selecting the appropriate settings in your browser. However, please note that by doing so you may not be able to use all the features of this website. You can also prevent the data generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) from being passed to Google and being processed by Google by downloading and installing the browser plugin available at the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the “_anonymizeIp()” extension. This means that IP addresses are truncated before they are processed, so that they cannot be used to identify individuals. If the data collected about you is personally identifiable, it will be excluded immediately and the personal data will then be deleted as soon as possible.
(5) We use Google Analytics to analyse and regularly improve use of our website. We can use the statistics from Google Analytics to improve our website and make it more interesting for you when you visit. For exceptional cases where personal data is transferred to the USA, Google has accepted the EU-US Privacy Shield (www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework). The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Article 6(1)(f) GDPR.2
(7) This website also uses Google Analytics to analyse visitor flows across all devices, using a user ID. You can disable analysis across devices in your customer account under “My data”, then “Personal data”.
Section 8 Google Maps integration
(1) We use Google Maps on this website. We can therefore display interactive maps directly on the website and you can use the maps easily.
(3) See Google's privacy policies below for more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing by Google. The privacy policies also provide more information about your rights and the settings you can use to protect your privacy: http://www.google.de/intl/en/policies/privacy. Google also processes your personal data in the United States and has accepted the EU-US Privacy Shield: https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
Section 9 Data protection for job applications and the application process
The data controller collects and processes the personal data of applicants for the purpose of processing job applications. Processing may also be carried out electronically. This is the case in particular if an applicant sends the relevant application documents to the controller electronically, e.g. by email or via a contact form on the website. If the data controller concludes a contract of employment with an applicant, the data transferred for the purpose of the employment relationship is stored in accordance with the statutory provisions. If the controller does not conclude a contract of employment with the applicant, the application documents are automatically deleted two months after notification of rejection, unless there are other legitimate interests of the controller that override deletion. Other legitimate interests in this case include, for example, the duty to provide evidence in proceedings under the General Act on Equal Treatment (Allgemeines Gleichbehandlungsgesetz - AGG).
Applicants have the right to withdraw their consent to processing at any time. Article 88 GDPR and Article 26 of the German Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG) apply.
Section 10 Information regarding persons under 16 years of age
Our website is not aimed at children under the age of 16 and we will not intentionally collect, use, disclose or otherwise process the personal data of children under the age of 16.
We therefore ask anyone under the age of 16 not to send us any personal data (e.g. name, address and email address). If you are under the age of 16 and you have a question or wish to use this website in any way that requires you to provide personal data, please ask a parent or guardian to do so on your behalf.
Section 11 Amendments to this policy